Data Management for Ecologists & Environmental Scientists
a guide to keep UMBS researchers and students organized throughout the data lifecycle
Why to manage your data:
- Your research is most credible when backed by data that is reproducable and reusable.
- You save yourself and other scientists money and resources by keeping your data organized and accessible.
- Your professor or sponsor will potentially require it.
- The importance of data management in a poorly animated 4 minute video.
- If you give your data to a colleague outside of your project, will they be able to make sense of it? Will they be able to use it effectively and properly?
How to manage your data:
- Groups and people: